Nursing Intern Program
Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services (GAHHS) is offering a summer internship program for registered nursing students in the summer of 2020.
Our Nursing Intern Program offers students a great opportunity to gain clinical experience and confidence in a hospital setting under the guidance of a registered nurse.
Students must demonstrate motivation and commitment to the professional practice of nursing. GAHHS requires the Nursing Intern applicant to:
Be enrolled in an approved nursing program
Have completed and passed nursing fundamentals
Be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Length of Program
The internship begins in May and is completed in August. This program requires full student participation, except in emergency or illness situations. Any exceptions or special circumstances must be discussed during the interview process.
This experience includes 32 paid hours/week in GAHHS nursing departments. Hours will include both CNA duties and RN job shadowing, and may include days, nights and weekends.
Complete a GAHHS online employment application for Summer Nurse Intern Program
- Submit the following:
- 1 reference from nursing faculty
- 1 reference from a previous employer
- A copy of most recent school transcript
- A personal statement - Please submit typed answers to the following:
- Write a brief paragraph about yourself. Include why you chose your current career path and goals.
- Why are you interested in working as a student nurse intern?
- If you could choose an area of nursing for this intern program, what would it be?
- Explain specific training, experiences and characteristics that you possess that will help you succeed as an intern.
- What areas do you feel you need improvement in?
- What can you tell us about your responsibilities and performance in your current or past jobs?
- What supervision style best suits your work performance style?
- What are your plans for after graduation? Where would you like to live and begin your career?
- Are you a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)?
- Have you completed and passed nursing fundamentals?
Deadline for Applications is March 13, 2020.
Submit application documents to:
Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services
Attention: Eileen Woolums, BSN, RN, CDCES
207 E 8th Street
Gibson City, IL 60936